Thursday, 12 February 2015

A Reflection On 19


As you are reading this I will officially have been 19 for an entire year but while some people might say that I'm '20' and 'in denial', I've never even been to Egypt. With all this age-stuff in mind I thought I'd follow up on a little post I made back in July all about the stuff I wanted to get done whilst still a teen. Let's reflect on some of those list items and how they fit into this messy life of mine!

I cut my own hair a bunch, cut it today actually. There was a point a month ago where I shaved most of it off to a pretty bald length. That drastic cut was a reaction to how much I hate the feel of my twice-bleached-and-dyed-multiple-times-hair. Yes, lets not forget that James Blondinson was a thing for a hot minute; we all know how that one went . . .
but maybe i'll bring it back??
I also made the decision to get a Picasso line drawing of Fran├žoise Gilot permanently etched onto my arm. Yes, I got a tattoo! (sorry mum). I'm very happy with it and it's nice having something so pretty on my arm all the time.

I'm now a bartender so the late nights are still a thing and coupled with my new attitude of actually doing my uni work, I have started to be a functional human on like 6 hours sleep. I think the time for all nighters has been left a crippled heap in my wake as I valiantly storm on through to adulthood. Smashing this life thing.

The reading thing is a thing, kinda goes with the whole 'doing my uni work' thing. I'm currently reading like 4 different books but I'm really enjoying The Canterbury Tales.

The writing is a thing, too. I've not done the whole diary-type-thing in a while but I'm sure I'll go back to it. I've been writing fiction though and that's all very lovely (not in subject matter but process, yeah, my stuff gets a little dark). The dream of being a bona fide published author is under construction!

I've had crushes and I still have crushes; they've made me jealous, nauseous and sad but it's worth it. The realisation that this'll always be a force in my life is comforting.

This last year of my life has been pretty major for a lot of reasons. I'm finally starting to figure out 'Me' which is exciting. I'm becoming more sociable and confident and I'm happier a lot more than I've ever been before. I'm excited to see how my 20's fair and all the adventures, good and bad, they'll force upon me.

p.s. is this post rambley? I feel like a lot of my posts are and thats one of the reasons I'm not posting them but yeah, party.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment