Thursday, 18 December 2014

Drunk James' How To: Infuse Vodka

So, I mentioned a while ago that I started infusing vodka and today I thought I'd fill you in on how I do it. It's so simple, so simple in fact that I can do it!

What you'll need:


- Vodka
- The thing you want to infuse (I'm using raspberry apple tea because I'm lazy)
- A jar/container of some description to make the magic happen inside of

How you'll do it:

- First, pour your desired amount of regret juice into your jar or receptacle.



- Cool job! Secondly, put your desired infusing-thing into the jar. Since I'm using tea it's a case of just sticking the tea bags into the jar. If you're putting some real life effort into this and using something like an apple then you'll want to cut it up before hand (was that an obvious thing to say? Should I have more faith in your abilities?)


- Wow, you're doing great! Now act like André 3000 and shake it like a polaroid picture!


- Awesome, are you sure you haven't done this before!? Now you're going to want to keep it in your refrigerator for however long you want really. If you've used fruit or a vegetable or something then it might take a couple days to really get the flavour infused, just make sure to shake the jar every once in a while. If you're lazy like me and you used tea then it should only take a couple hours (you'll still have to shake it a couple times during that though).


And that's that! I've found that raspberry apple tea vodkas goes great with mango juice, give it a try, tell me what you think. Also, you can just drink it by itself and it tastes great! (be careful, this is likely to end in a questionable manner). Let me know what infusions you make (if any) and why not try infusing a different alcohol like tequila!? 

So, I'll see you next time I guess.

p.s. is this like my third blog post this month? I don't know what's come over me but I'm loving it!
p.p.s I'm heading home for christmas in a couple days so expect to hear tales of my family escapades.



No comments:

Post a Comment