Tuesday, 28 October 2014

I've Lost My (creative) Mind


So, it's been a while . . . again. As you've probably deduced from the title of this post, it isn't because I didn't have internet this time. Even now I don't know what this post is, my creative process is stalled and wont turn over (great car engine metaphor).

Let me explain . . . erm, I don't actually know what to say. Shit.

This is all very frustrating (and frankly a little upsetting) because my goal in life is to be an author. I want to write fiction which, as you know because you're not an idiot, isn't too similar to lifestyle blogging but I approach them in similar ways (I'm just stuck on trying to trigger the method, I guess) and you might have guessed that seeming as the blogpost writing hasn't been happening, no other writing is happening.

From July to August this year I wrote a lot. I was sad and frustrated and felt like I was lacking any form of control in my life. But I wrote a lot. I wrote so much because the ideas wouldn't let me sleep. I let pens bleed dry on my page at 3am and it was therapeutic and fucking beautiful.

And now I'm frustrated and a little down for different reasons, mainly that the ideas are letting me sleep. So I'm not writing, which sucks.

I've tried to write posts, I even finished a couple but never posted them for one reason or another. I kind of feel like I need to come back with a bang and prove to myself that this 2 month block has made me better in some way, idk.

But with all that being said and after a quick read of Alice's new blogpost, I feel like I just have to write something. This post probably won't be my best, in my eyes or yours, but it's there and I wrote it and that's something.

p.s. I'm trying.


3 comments:

  1. at least you wrote SOMETHING, that's my opinion of blogging at the moment, I'm just happy to have anything to put down on a page. you know where i am if you need me jalice xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once heard this from a teacher. "If you wrote today, you are a writer". Even if you have what you write and think it totally sucks, keep trying! Writing and trying are going to get you out of this writer's block rut. You didn't lose your creativity, you just need to make it come out again. Good luck!
    x Heidi

    http://heidis1haven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reassuring to know its not just me feeling like this right now.
    Siobhan xx

    teenytitch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete