Sunday, 3 August 2014

July Favourites 2014 (We'll see how this goes)



This past month I've been introduced to a few new things that I've really enjoyed. So, saving you the time of reading individual posts (and me writing them), I thought I'd group them all together in this 'Favourites' post. I don't really know what I'm doing.


- Admittedly ,they tend to divide people's opinions, but love 'em or hate 'em, they are super comfortable. I'm really liking them because they satisfy both my extremes of all-black-everything-super-fashionable-don't-fuck-with-me and being the dirty, dirty hippie I truly am. I also got mine 10% off because of that student discount hashtag blessed.

- Now, I was first introduced to Keith Haring at about 14 and have loved his work ever since, so when I saw that Next had a bunch of t-shirts with Haring designs on, I got pretty excited. I love the design and the t-shirt itself is super comfortable and great quality. There's no link to this on the website but mine was £18 and I'm pretty sure it's in aid of The Keith Haring Foundation.

- Oily skin is the bane of my existence. I hate it. So when it comes to moisturiser I'm very hesitant as they usually just leave my skin feeling oilier than ever - but not this guy! I decided to try it after using the Botanics face washes, they're great and leave my skin feeling great and so does this moisturiser. It's oil balancing and while I'm not too sure what that means I do know that it doesn't make my skin feel too oily at all. To top it all off it has SPF 15 so gives you protection from the sun. Also, it lasts a really long time which is great.

- July has been a hot month here in ol' Blighty and these face wipes have come in really handy to cleanse my face of all the grime after an afternoon in the sun. They cool you down a little, clean up all of the gunk of the day and don't leave that weird film-like feeling that face wipes often do (does that make sense? Who knows).

- I dedicated the latter half of July to rereading Harry Potter and, if you follow me on my other social media you'll know, I've been feeling the feels. Idk guys, it hit me really hard this time around. I cried a bunch. Even when Mrs Weasley kills Belatrix, I was just so overwhelemed by feelings.

So yeah, that's been my top 5 'favourite' things from July . . . this was a thing, idk.

p.s. Let me know how I did with a 'favourites' post because I honestly don't know what I'm doing.


1 comment: