Friday, 20 June 2014

The Great Job Hunt

So, after another day spent lounging in the sun and reading a good book (The Catcher in the Rye), I thought I'd write a blog post. 

The truth is, I'm not too sure what to write as of recent, all I'm doing is lounging around, watching tv, reading and writing - it's a pretty nice life, don't get me wrong, but it's getting a little dull. And I've only been back home for two weeks. Consequently I'm not too sure if I can write anything of interest for you guys.

To remedy this situation I've decided to get a job (at last). The truth is, I need one, I like things but things cost money and I feel I'm a little bit too old to be living solely off of my parent's money.


It's pretty hard though.

I've 'attempted' to get a job before, although admittedly not very hard and quite selectively at that, and nothing ever came to pass. But now I'm a nineteen year old that's never had a job which makes it a little bit harder because there's people 2 even 3 years younger than me with more experience. And I'm only getting older.

So that's that. I need a job, not only for the money but I need something stimulating in my life - Einstein got a job just so he could figure out relativity (I think? That's probably really wrong. I should delete that. Or Google it. Or I could just leave it and hope for the best? Yeah).

idk, see you next time

p.s. feel free to leave me job seeking advice (I need it, trust me)

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, I was in the same position as you! I literally got my first ever "real" job this summer and I'm 19. I babysat before but hey you can only have a certain amount of conversations with 5 year olds! haha
    Maybe ask some friends where they work, and if they like it! Because they might be able to let you know if their work place is hiring and then talk to their managers or whoever hires about how great you are! My sister did that, and it worked. Good luck! :)
    xx
    Kenzie
    Behindhazeleyes06.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely agree with Kenzie, ask around and try and find any connections that you can who'd be able to put a word in for you wherever it may be! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete